Saturday, April 9, 2011

The veggie garden is officially underway!

I just came in from a full day working in the yard in some glorious spring weather. For a minute there I even thought I might get a sunburn! The new veggie bed is now fully fenced in with a simple chicken wire fence, compost has been worked into newly dug beds, paths have been mulched with saltwater hay, broccoli and brussels sprouts have been transplanted and peas, lettuce, arugula, carrots, spinach, beets, cilantro, dill and parsley have all been direct seeded. Building the fence wasn't part of today's work -- what kind of workhorse do you take me for? -- but it has been a long day nonetheless.

My camera with the decent wide angle lens is touring Europe right now, so here's what I could squeeze into one pic with my other camera:


Meanwhile, in the house, the tomatoes need to be transplanted to larger pots IMMEDIATELY but I am so pooped from being in the yard all day, that I think they might have to wait til tomorrow morning. This is why I am so bad at starting stuff inside. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment