Monday, March 29, 2010

The long lost days of shredage

Over a month has past, and did I do 30 days of shredding? I wish. No, I have a list of excuses, but our primary downfall began when my husband's knee went on the fritz. He has an old dirtbike injury (be careful, kids!) that's always made his knee a bit wonky, and after about 10 days of shredding (or maybe it was just level 2 -- those plank moves were a bitch!), it was causing him some major pain. About that time I also found that my ankles were killing me. We finally got ourselves to the Saucony outlet to buy some proper cross-trainers (not that they probably would've helped the knee much, but it certainly couldn't have hurt more), but by that time we were both ready for some recuperation time. So... we took about 2 weeks off. There were a couple of yoga classes in there, and a round of p90x "Ab Ripper" (which is, like, WHOA!), but we basically turned back into slugs. Terrible.

Now some time has gone by, and Alex is still afraid to shred on his knee. I have slowly gotten back into the swing of things, but now it's like 3 days a week instead of every day; it's definitely much harder to get inspired when you are shredding on your own. This week my sister and niece are in town so I have yet another excuse to slack off, although I did make them both do level one with me on Saturday! That's right, go on vacation -- get shredded! Just what they had in mind, I'm sure.

In any case, I have not given up, I've just... um... fallen behind a bit. So say a little prayer for me or cheer me on, I can use all the motivation I can get!

1 comment:

  1. I've decided I hate lunges! I know they're the most effective thing for thighs/booty but I HATE them! I think it'd be better if I wore some shoes when I did it? I've been keeping up pretty well lately though (although I'm taking today off - an on demand yoga killed me!)

    ReplyDelete